School Readiness Funding
What it is and how we can help your centre
School Readiness Funding supports three-year-old and four-year-old children in all early childhood education and care services delivering state-funded kindergarten programs in Victoria, including long day care. It focuses on 3 key areas to support children’s transition into primary schooling:
1. Communication (speech and language development)
2. Wellbeing (social and emotional) and
3. Access and Inclusion
At DWSP we love engaging with teachers and the learning environment. Our passion and expertise in school readiness means that we really enjoy helping each kindergarten community make the most of this funding and helping their students to thrive prior to school entry. Using this funding, centres are able to access a range of evidence based supports, including
- programs which focus on speech, language and literacy
- allied health supports (speech pathologists, psychologists, occupational therapists)
- services that inform educators and families about attachment and mental health
- resources and programs to improve the social and emotional wellbeing of children
- support for culturally and linguistically diverse children, and families
- tools for parents to support their child’s development.
Centres can work directly with us to arrange access to programs and supports. We offer a range of services including:
- parent and staff education / training sessions
- screening programs for 3 and 4 years olds to identify needs / goals for staff training
- a comprehensive training program for staff on a range of topics
- sessions delivered online or in person (day time or evening)
- classroom observations and strategies
- resource design and development
- whole class teaching programs to target specific skills.
Our School Readiness Coordinator meets with centre staff to determine needs and budget, then works to design a program delivered by our Speech Pathologists, OTs or Psychologists to match the needs of each centre and their students. Contact us today to learn how we can support your centre at email@example.com.