Get Set, Prep! is our school readiness program for 2020.
Families often ask us what they can do to help their child be as ready as possible for
school entry, and there’s lots of skills our team can help with.
Our Get Set, Prep! program begins with a 1:1 individual and goal setting session, where
we get to know your child, their needs, their strengths and any areas of concern. This
session lets us build rapport, pre teach some of the materials we’ll be using in the group,
and understand the best way to support your child in their learning.
Our Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist work with a small group (numbers are capped at 8 children) to work on the following areas:
- fine motor skills including handwriting, pencil grip, scissor skills and opening lunch
- gross motor skills including body awareness and personal space
- early – reading skills early letters, sounds, rhyme and early literacy skills
- narrative development story retelling, structure and development
- social skills including communication and conversation with peers self regulation
- other specific skills as required
The Get Set, Prep! program finishes with an optional 1:1 session at the end of the
program, where our therapists provide feedback on progress during the sessions, and
identify any goals or supports to continue working on ahead of school. A written report
summarising the program is issued at this appointment.
Is there still room in Term 3?
Yes, spots are available but will fill fast. Please contact email@example.com
How to book
Places are limited, and the program is very popular each year. You can reserve a space
for your child by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org one of our group co-ordinators will be in touch with you.
Help your child develop the skills and confidence they need to enter their Prep year ready to learn and flourish.