If your Miss or Mr 2 is not quite using the words you’d expected, or if you’d like some ideas and strategies for encouraging your 2 year old to use more words, then this group program, running in Term 2 and 3, might be just what you’re looking for.
“Two And Talking is a group program for 2 year olds and the people who love them.”
We now know that development of a varied and robust vocabulary before school has a direct influence on development of literacy skills and success in the classroom.
Communication encompasses use of spoken words, signs and pictures and this group will support your child to develop their communication incorporating all of these modalities. Your child will:
- Develop their receptive and expressive vocabulary
- Increase their interest in a range of activities
- Develop their attention to task
- Develop play skills.
You will learn:
- How to follow your child’s lead and join in with them in play
- How to choose the most appropriate vocabulary to model for your child
- How to support your child’s verbal communication with gesture, visuals and music to boost their learning
- How to choose the most appropriate play activities to suit your child’s stage of play and of communication
Sessions run weekly during Term 2 at our Footscray and Thornbury clinics.
For more information please email Erica (Group Co-ordinator) here