Get Set, Prep! is our school readiness program for 2019.
Families often ask us what they can do to help their child be as ready as possible for school entry, and there’s lots of skills our team can help with.
Our Get Set, Prep! program begins with a 1:1 individual and goal setting session, where we get to know your child, their needs, their strengths and any areas of concern. This session lets us build rapport, pre teach some of the materials we’ll be using in the group, and understand the best way to support your child in their learning.
The 4 group sessions run at no cost to families. Our Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist work with a small group (numbers are capped at 8 children) to work on the following areas:
- fine motor skills (including handwriting, pencil grip, scissor skills and opening lunch boxes)
- gross motor skills (including body awareness and personal space)
- pre- reading skills (early sounds, rhyme and phonological awareness skills)
- narrative development (story retelling)
- social skills and self regulation
- communication and conversation with peers
- specific skills as required
The Get Set, Prep! program finishes with another 1:1 session, where our therapists provide feedback on progress during the sessions, and identify any goals or supports to continue working on ahead of school. A written report summarising the program is issued at this appointment.
Costs and rebates
The individual 1:1 sessions can be claimed under private health, Medicare rebates or NDIS / HCWA / Better Start funding, and the 4 group sessions are offered at no cost.
How to book
Places are limited, and the program is very popular each year. You can reserve a space for your child by contacting reception and book your pre-group consultation.